I have a laptop with a buld-in webcam. This would normally be all well and good, but the damn thing has a problem with the picture being upside down…
If you have the same problem, here is the solution:
- Download the new uvcvideo from here and extract it.
- Extract the file (tar xjvf uvcvideo.tar.bz2)
- Get one of the patches: 1_mirrored, 1_notMirrored, 2_mirrored, 2_notMirrored (courtesy of arjos85)
- Save the patch in the folder ~/linux/drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_video.c (~ is the path to the just downloaded and extracted driver)
- Then run: patch -p0 < [your_patch]
- Now build the module: make && make install
- load it with: modprobe uvcvideo
Now everything should be working correctly. Try it with Skype or Cheese!
Let me know if there were any problems…